Retreat in Bali
5 nights from 11th-15th March 2019
Have you been dreaming about a clothing range you want to make? Perhaps you are a stockist for other brands and have so many ideas to start your own. Maybe you are a mum who knows what looks good. Come to Bali to find out how to start your own label.
Your hosts for the tour will be Amber from ‘Your Island Itinerary’ and Kaylea who designs for Melatiku. Amber has been finding families their perfect villa in Bali for many years now and has also hosted several tours in the past. Kaylea designs for the brand Melatiku and coordinates the Melatiku Production Agency, which is run by her partner. They have made local connections with suppliers and artisans making producing here an easy option. During the tour you can ask anything you want about starting your own label.
This Bali tour is perfect for Mums who want to find out more about designing their own clothing or soft furnishings label. Most Mums start thinking about this as a way to still provide an income for the family whilst building up a business around their children’s needs. During your time here we will show you the process of getting your dream collection out there for everyone to love and buy.
You will be taken to see suppliers and chat about fabrics, pricing, embellishments etc...Bali has so much to offer designers and mumpreneurs. When not sourcing fabrics you will be grazing and relaxing in a gorgeous villa or out in one of Bali’s amazing restaurants, attending a workshop, connecting with likeminded ladies, and making your designer dreams come to life.
- -5 nights in a gorgeous villa (twin share).
- -Daily breakfast, 1 lunch and 2 dinners at the villa.
- -2 days sourcing trips (2-3 locations each day)
- -Transport to and from lunches and dinners.
- -Welcome pack filled with island goodies and information about the tour.
- -1 massage (in villa)
- -Airport pick up and drop off
- -Membership to a Facebook group to ask anything about starting your label
- -Workshop on merchandising/mood boards/colour matching
- -Discussion/sharing on general marketing (website, social media,photos etc...)
- -Design meeting with the Melatiku team
- -Q&A with the Melatiku team (advice on designs, fabric choices, seasons.)
- -After tour support.
- -Lunches and dinners out of the villa
- -Flights and insurance are at your own cost and you arrange these by yourself.
- -Soft drinks or alcohol (you can bring in 1 litre of spirits or wine to Bali.)
- -Additional massages or spa treatments
- -Sightseeing day trips.
- -Your production project.
You are under no obligation to start the production of your range after the tour. However, if you do commit to a project before you return home, Melatiku will waive the 20% agent fee. If you order within 1 month of returning home, we will only charge 10% of the agent fee.
We can also organise business cards, swingtags and reusable bags to be ready before you arrive. Alternatively, you can design them here and we can ship them to you.
What to bring:
- -Laptop or iPad to work on.
- -Start your Own label questionaire (email this to us beforehand).
- -Samples of what you want to make.
Price - AU$1850 per person (limited places available as we would like to work individually with our clients).
To reserve you place we require a $500 non-refundable deposit by bank transfer to an Australian account. The balance can be paid in installments up to 8 weeks before the tour starts.
Book your place or ask further questions by emailing Amber or Kaylea at firstname.lastname@example.org